Location: Bamako, Mali
Event: Demonstration Alert – Stay at Home – Continued Demonstrations in Bamako on Saturday July 11, 2020
The group Mouvement du 5 Juin – Rassemblement des Forces Patriotiques has called for continued demonstrations and civil disobedience. Demonstrations throughout Bamako have been reported including clashes with security forces, the deployment of tear gas, and the use of live ammunition in some instances.
Because of continued demonstrations and traffic obstructions, the U.S. Embassy has issued a stay at home order for employees from 3:30 p.m. Saturday, July 11 to 10:00 a.m. Sunday July 12.
U.S. citizens are strongly advised to shelter in place until 10:00 a.m. July 12.
American citizens are advised to:
- Stay at home
- Continue to exercise vigilance while in Mali
- Exercise caution if in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests
- Review your personal security plans
- Keep a low profile
- Be aware of your surroundings
- Keep some form of communication with you
- Monitor local media for updates
+223 20 70 23 00
+223 66 75 28 60 (after-hours emergencies)
- State Department’s Bureau of Consular Affairs
+1 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444