As the November 6, 2018 mid-term election approaches, the U.S. Embassyencourages all eligible U.S. citizen voters in Mali to request to receive absentee ballots electronically via fax or email as provided for by their respective states.
We encourage you to bring your ballots in properly sealed and addressed pre-paid envelopes to the Consular Section at the U.S. Embassy in Bamako, and we will mail them to the USA. We anticipate that transit time between and local voting districts in the USA could take up to 20 days, so voters should dispatch ballots by October 15, 2018.
We’ve simplified procedures to drop off your voted ballot:
- Complete your ballot, following all instructions for your state.
- Seal your ballot envelope and secrecy envelope, if necessary.
- Clearly write the mailing address for your county voting official and your return address on the envelope.
- Add necessary postage, if required.
- In Bamako: Drop off your ballot at the Visa Visitor Entrance of the U.S. Embassy Monday-Thursday 2 to 4pm. When you drop off your ballot sign your name and leave your contact number.
The Embassy’s voting assistance officer can help answer questions regarding ballot collection, transmission, and tracking. Please visit FVAP.gov to request an absentee ballot and for further information. Please feel free to write toACSBamako@state.gov attention Voting Assistance Officer, with any questions.