The U.S. Embassy in Mali is pleased to launch the 2021-2022 Fulbright Foreign Student application cycle. The Fulbright Foreign Student Program provides scholarships for students to obtain a master’s degree from an accredited U.S. university starting the fall of 2022. We accept candidates in all fields of study.
All applicants should review further information about the program on the U.S. Embassy website at https://ml.usembassy.gov/education-culture/exchanges/. The online application can be accessed at https://apply.iie.org/ffsp2022 before March 31, 2021.
All candidates must meet the following selection criteria:
- Nominees must be citizens or nationals of Mali, or permanent residents
- Nominees must have at least the equivalent of four (4) years of university study and the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree.
Note: Nominees that have three (3) years of university study MUST have the equivalent of thirteen (13) years of primary and secondary school and their undergraduate degree should allow them to be eligible to pursue higher education in their home country. Please note that final equivalency decisions will be determined by each U.S. university and not all institutions will accept three (3) year undergraduate degrees.
- Nominees must be proficient in English (TOEFL scores of 575-PBT/90-iBT) to enable them to engage in full-time graduate level study in the United States.
- Nominees should be motivated and committed to completing the program as scheduled and then returning to Mali.
- Nominees with no extensive or recent U.S. experience will be given preference.