Demand for passport renewals is highest during the summer and appointments for passport renewals at the U.S. Embassy in Bamako will be limited, so you may wish to renew your passport now, prior to the busy summer season.
Please check the expiration date of U.S. passports for you and your family; if you are planning to travel this summer, or later this year, consider renewing them now. Keep in mind that many countries require that your passport remains valid for six months beyond your date of arrival.
To renew your passport at the U.S. Embassy in Bamako, fill out and print your application online here and schedule an appointment online here. Please be sure to print your completed application and bring it with you to your appointment. Processing time is approximately three weeks following your appointment. We look forward to your visit.
- S. Embassy Bamako, Mali
- +223 20 70 23 00
- +223 66 75 28 60 (after-hours emergencies)
- State Department’s Bureau of Consular Affairs – 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution and Country Specific Information for Mali.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.