The U.S. Embassy encourages enrollment in the SMS Message System to receive important announcements via text message. If you wish to enroll in our SMS Message System, please send an email to ACSBamako@state.gov with the following information:
Cell Phone Number:
Alternate Cell Phone Number:
Location of Residence in Mali:
Date of Final Departure from Mali:
For further information:
- Please review the Travel Warning for Mali issued on December 23, 2016. Also check the U.S. Embassy Bamako website and the Mali Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the U.S. Embassy in Mali on Twitter and Facebook.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Bamako, located at ACI 2000, Rue 243 Porte 297, at +223 20 70 23 00 at 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. from Monday – Thursday; 7:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. on Friday. The after-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +223 66 75 95 79 or +223 66 75 28 60.
- General information may be found on the State Department’s travel website, including the Worldwide Caution of March 6th, 2017.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).