June 18, 2017
The U.S. Embassy received a report of an ongoing attack at Hotel Kangaba “Le Campement” 30 minutes southeast of Bamako. Malian forces are responding. Please avoid the area, conduct accountability of your acquaintances, and report any information to the U.S. Embassy +223 2070 2301 or ACSBamako@state.gov.
The Department of State advises against all travel to Mali in its Travel Warning for Mali . Review your personal security plans, remain aware of your surroundings, including local events, and monitor local news stations for updates. Be vigilant and take appropriate steps to enhance your personal security.
For further information:
· Please review the Travel Warning for Mali issued on December 23, 2016. Also check the U.S. Embassy Bamako website and the Mali Country Specific Information .
· Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program STEP to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
· Follow the U.S. Embassy in Mali on Twitter and Facebook .
· Contact the U.S. Embassy in Bamako, located at ACI 2000, Rue 243 Porte 297, at +223 20 70 23 00 at 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. from Monday – Thursday; 7:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. on Friday. The after-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +223 66 75 95 79 or +223 66 75 28 60.
· General information may be found on the State Department’s travel website , including the Worldwide Caution of March 6th, 2017.
· Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).