February 23, 2020
The Embassy received information about a possible attack in Koulikoro on February 23 or 24. The Embassy has cancelled all travel outside of Bamako for Embassy staff on February 24.
U.S. citizens are strongly advised to avoid the Koulikoro area on Monday, February 24, 2020.
American citizens are advised to:
- Avoid the area of the possible attack
- Continue to exercise vigilance while in Mali
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests
- Review your personal security plans
- Keep a low profile
- Be aware of your surroundings
- Keep some form of communication with you
- Monitor local media
- U.S. Embassy Bamako, Mali
- +223 20 70 23 00
- +223 66 75 28 60 (after-hours emergencies)
- State Department’s Bureau of Consular Affairs – 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution and Country Specific Information for Mali.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.