Event: The security situation in Bamako remains calm, the airport is operational, and the U.S. Embassy continues to provide routine consular services. According to the Ministry of Security and Civil Protection, there is no curfew in place, and Mali’s air and land borders remain open.
We encourage U.S. citizens to monitor local media for updates.
U.S. citizens are advised to:
- Exercise caution if in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests
- Do not attempt to drive through protests or roadblocks
- Continue to exercise vigilance while in Mali
- Review your personal security plans
- Keep a low profile
- Be aware of your surroundings
- Keep a means of communication (cell phone, etc.) with you at all times
- Monitor local media for updates
- U.S. Embassy Bamako, Mali
- +223 20 70 23 00
- +223 66 75 28 60 (after-hours emergencies)
- State Department’s Bureau of Consular Affairs – 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution and Country Specific Information for Mali.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.