Alert – Service Interruptions related to COVID-19. Because of public health measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19, the U.S. Embassy in Bamako has cancelled all routine passport, notary, and consular report of birth abroad appointments. If you are in need of an emergency appointment, please email us at ACSBamako@state.gov.
If you have previously been approved for a passport or citizenship service, you should have been contacted with an appointment time to come pick up your documents. Contact us at ACSBamako@state.gov to check the status of your passport or citizenship application.
The Consular Section of the United States Embassy in Bamako, Mali is committed to providing consular services respectfully, efficiently, and in accordance with U.S. law. We provide the full range of American Citizen Services including passports, Consular Reports of Birth Abroad, and notarials.
To assist and protect American citizens in Mali, and to facilitate travel to the United States.
To improve U.S. border security by identifying those not eligible for visas, while welcoming legitimate travelers who greatly contribute to America’s social and economic well-being.
- Loyalty: Committed to the United States and the American people
- Character: Maintaining high ethical standards and integrity
- Service: Implementing consular rules and policies regardless of personal views
- Accountability: Achieving our mission while meeting the highest performance standards
- Community: Dedicated to teamwork, professionalism and outstanding customer service