Renew an Adult Passport

Renewals for adult U.S. passport can be done if the most recent U.S. passport:

  • Is undamaged and can be submitted with your application;
  • Was issued when you were age 16 or older;
  • Was issued within the last 15 years; and
  • Was issued in your current name or you can legally document your name change with an original or certified copy of your marriage certificate or the government-issued document evidencing your legal name change.

Applicants who meet all of the above criteria are not required to personally appear at the Embassy. However, they do have to schedule an online appointment.

  **If any of the above statements do not apply, please return to the main passports menu and select the appropriate passport category**

If the above statements are true, please follow the following steps:

Complete the DS-82 form. Be sure to answer all questions accurately as any mistakes may result in a delay.

Please refer to the side box on this page for guidance on how to print the completed form.  Adobe Acrobat is required. 

Print one-sided pages only, sign and date and make sure that the bar code is clearly shown on the top left hand corner of the form.


Applicants must provide their SSN in accordance with 26 U.S.C. 6039E.  Failure to provide information requested on the form, including your social security number, may result in significant processing delays and/or the denial of your application.

If the applicant does not currently have an SSN then he/she should fill in the passport application SSN box # 5 with zeros.


Photos must be:

  • 2 x 2 inches (5cm x5cm)
  • In white background
  • Do NOT staple or paperclip the photo to your application

For more information regarding photos read the detailed photo requirements or visit the Department of State website page.

Applicants must sign the application when sending the application with another individual.

Please sign the form using your legal signature. If your signature has changed since your last passport renewal, please provide legal proof of new signature (residence card, driver’s license, other passport).

  • Please bring your most recent United States passport
  • Please make a photocopy of your passport when submitting your passport renewal form DS-82
  • Evidence of change of name: If you have changed your name since the last passport was issued, please provide the original marriage certificate or court order.

All fees must be paid a the U.S. Embassy.

The fee for renewing an adult U.S. passport is $ 110 (or equivalent in CFA). Fees are non-refundable.

Accepted methods of payments:

U.S. dollars;
CFA Francs;
Credit card – Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, and Diners Club

For updated fees you can visit Department of State’s Current Passport Fees.